Here is a list of components that I am using for a GPS-enabled rugged tablet mounted on my ORV.
(Note: You can use any tablet with a GPS. I chose this one because it is ruggedized, but it is expensive. Other tablets may not fit this specific mount. This is just one example setup.)
- SM-T360NNGAXAR – Samsung Galaxy 8″ 1.5GB RAM 16 GB
- RAM-HOL-SAM7PU – Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 8.0 Powered Tablet Cradle
(RAM cradle to hold tablet and provide external power)
- RAM-B-202U – RAM Mount Round Plate with 1 inch Ball
(RAM mounting plate and ball to attach cradle to standard RAM mount hardware)
- RAM-B-108BU – RAM Mount V-Shape Base with 1-Inch Ball for Rails and Yokes
(RAM ball with mount to attach to 1.75″ roll cage tube)
- RAM-B-201U RAM Mount Medium Arm B-Socket
(standard RAM yoke to connect the two balls and provide positioning flexibility)
- SDSQXVF-064G-GN6MA – SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC Card
(storage card to hold the basemaps, GPS files, PDF files, etc.)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Screen Protector, 9H Hardness Ultra-thin Shatterproof Anti-Scratch HD Clear Tempered Glass
This equipment may cost around $500, depending on where you get it and current pricing. Happy deal hunting!